I’m an Engineer starts on Monday, two weeks stuffed with creative questioning, exciting live chats and tenser-than-the-X-Factor eviction days!
Let’s meet the engineers competing for votes in the Energy Zone and the schools who’ll be challenging them…
I help keep Britain’s lights on by fixing power stations and making plans for a clean energy future in the UK
My work involves extra high voltage in excesses of 400,00volts and manage to keep the lights in your house ON all year round.
My research will enable you to charge your cell phone in just a few seconds and wear it on your wrist, fuel up your electric car in a few minutes while you are driving it.
I work on making sure everyone will have a safe and reliable electricity supply in the future.
I investigate and fix problems with really BIG electrical equipment which powers a nuclear fusion reactor.
- Adcote School for Girls, Shrewsbury
- Aquinas College, Stockport
- Bigland Green Primary School, London
- Bungay High School, Bungay
- Cambourne Village College, Cambridge
- Ditton Park Academy, Slough
- Dunston Hill Community Primary School, Gateshead
- Farr High School, Thurso
- Harris Academy Tottenham, London
- Holyhead School, Birmingham
- Ilkley Grammar School, Ilkley
- King James’s School, Knaresborough
- Lockerbie Academy, Lockerbie
- Mill O’ Forest Primary School Stonehaven, Kincardinshire
- Moor End Academy, Huddersfield
- Rainham Mark Grammar School, Gillingham
- St Edward’s Prep, Reading
- St Oswald’s RC Voluntary Aided Primary School, South Shields
- The Toynbee School, Eastleigh
- Woodlawn School, Whitley Bay